Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

What Does Plain Mean?

I met Patty and Brian for lunch at Panera today and had a weird thing happen. I eat there fairly often with them and I usually get the Italian Combo, plain add mustard. The last time I ordered that they put banana peppers on the sandwich. I said, "I'm sorry, but I wanted this plain." The girl making the sandwich said, "That is plain." I looked again and asked why there were peppers on it. "That's how they come, even when they are plain." I asked politely to have it made without peppers and went on with my life. Today when I ordered I told the cashier that same story and asked if they could please make it plain, no peppers. She said , no problem, plain is plain. I thanked her and waited for my sandwich. Which of course, had peppers on it. Am I going crazy? Does plain mean something different than it did a few weeks ago? How can anyone think that it's okay to put peppers on something that was ordered plain? Now I feel challenged to continue ordering that sandwich plain until I actually get a plain one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: