Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Murphy's Law

So Lauren and I have been talking a lot about vacation plans for the rest of the year, and have been getting excited. In May we have planned a little weekend trip to Sanibel to get away from reality for a couple of days. And then Murphy's Law rears it's ugly head.
The day after we book the trip, the battery in my truck dies. Not the worst thing that could happen, but it is definitely an unplanned wallet stinger. This has to happen to other people right? It can't just be me.
All my life it seems like just when I am making some headway, something knocks me back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not struggling now like I have in the past. I have definitely seen lean times. Well, figuratively speaking that is. :) Maybe I am just bad at life? Would my battery have died if I hadn't bought this iPad I am typing on?
This is not a new pattern in my life by the way. I have more examples. A month after I bought this truck, I lost my job. When I got my job at Barnes and Noble, back in the day, it was the same day Summer left. Granted, that ended up being a blessing in disguise for both of us in the long run, it was not fun the day it happened. I know everything happens according to God's plan. I can't help thinking that sometimes, God is distracted by other things in the world and my plan goes off track momentarily.
Did I really just blame my dead battery on the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster in Japan? Yes. Yes I did. Am I serious? No. No I am not.
Okay, I have been sitting in this food court too long. How long could it possibly take to change a battery and do an oil change?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Tim O said...

Crazy how things work like that, isn't it. I think you just have to focus on the positives... You seem to be in a pretty good place, which all of us that love you are glad about. Good job, great girl. If nothing else, your battery died and you were able to go fix it right away. Not bad really :). I know that there were times in the past that might not Have been the case, so good for you.

I should note, though, that I would have traded you a battery for your iPad. :)