Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Technology

So I FaceTime'd with my brother Nick tonight and was just blown away. I had played with FaceTime a little when I first got my iPhone, but this is the first time I used it for a significant amount of time. Nick (it's really Katy's) got his iPad 2 today and we chatted via FaceTime for about an hour. This really is the freaking future. Nick was even able to stream a movie while we chatted. I know am a fanboy, but this really is an amazing machine. People that hate Apple will always try and find something wrong with their products, "It won't do this, or it won't do that.". I have had this since the day it came out and I have not once said that. It has lived up to the hype and then some. Does Apple make expensive computers? Yes. Do they make computers that almost always work? Yes. Is it worth paying more for the security of knowing that you will have little to no problems with their products? I think so. Do I like answering my own questions? Sometimes. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Eddie said...

People have problems with Apple primarily because of all the hype. If they have only ever used Windows, then they have a certain mindset when it comes to using a computer: frustration. I enjoy being able to show folk that it can actually be fun.

Chris Wickersham said...

The interesting thing about the iPad, is no one can even one close to competing with apple on price. They have to rely on, "it's faster or it does more" to justify the higher price. Kind of ironic, really, given the flak that apple has gotten all these years when it made the same argument.

Eddie said...

@Chris...that's true, but once one of the competing tablets catches on in the marketplace, you may see a price war start. The color Nook book reader is going to be positioned as a tablet and it's only $249.