Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Let's call this one; Why is my ex-wife retarded?

First a little history to catch everyone up: James is one of my best friends in the whole World. he lives in Orlando with two brothers named Brian and Sean. Brian and Sean's cousin Tiffany is living with my friend Tim. Their parents live in Merritt Island and have a big dinner every Sunday that they invite EVERYBODY to. And I mean everybody. I have been several times, and it is a lot of fun.

So this past Saturday, after I went to the SPCA with my Mom to help her pick out a dog(see picture below), I went to hang out in Orlando. Brian got a promotion at work so we all went out to House of Blues to celebrate. It was pretty fun, even if we got soaked running back to our cars. Before we got to the restaurant though, Summer(my ex-wife) kept calling Brian and James over and over. Being the guys that they are, they just ignored her calls because they pretty much can't stand Summer. Finally, James decided to answer figuring she wanted to hang out and was looking forward to telling her that they already had plans with me. Unfortunately for James(who has a hard time telling anyone no) she was calling because her car was broken down. Apparently she needs a new starter. She asked if James and Brian could help her out before Sunday dinner. James hemmed, and hawed, explaining that I would be hanging out with them, but they would stop by at some point. I figured this would be a good time to stop by Tim and Tiff's house to get some of the stuff I've been storing there, so I went over to Brevard county with them. Now, Summer knew I was hanging out with them this weekend, and should not have been surprised when i showed up with them. But alas, she was almost speechless when I showed up. Now, I hold no ill will towards Summer. I'm an adult and can act civilized around her. I thought the same of her. But it seems I was wrong. The three of us looked at her car, but she didn't have any way to raise the car up to get at the starter. It also started raining so they weren't able to help. They said goodbye, I said goodbye, and that was it... or so I thought. Later that evening while at Sunday dinner, Summer said to James and Brian, "Thanks a lot for bringing Matt today." James asked her what her problem was and she said she wished I hadn't been there. He asked if she was afraid I would ask to see Sweet Pea(her dog, formerly our dog) and she said yeah for one. She said something to the effect of, "I just don't see why he was there." James said, "Well, we were hanging out and he was going to get some of his stuff. Matt doesn't have this problem, why do you?" To which she had no response.

Now, I could understand if I had been abusive. Or if I had cheated on her(instead of her cheating on me). Or if I was just mean in general, but that is not the case. I have gotten over her. Totally. Don't mistake this for me pining after her. The fact of the matter is, her and her family were a HUGE part of my life for 10 years. Ten. A decade. And now she acts as if it never happened. She doesn't allow her family to have any contact with me? It hurts. Who is this person I was married to? Why does she act like a child when it comes to relationships? She needs to get over herself. Start acting like an adult, but more importantly, start treating me like one. This may be a bit of rambling, but I needed to get this off my chest.

Now, here's a picture of a cute dog:

1 comment:

Emily Delster said...

Dude... I'm sorry Matt. And btw i STILL can't believe she wouldn't let you see your dog. For that reason alone she sounds kind of evil. I REALLY hope I never meet her. I don't know why I would, I just really hope I don't. bleh.

You deserve better than that treatment, especially from her.

I'm sorry :(