Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

we don't need no water let the mother butler burn!

So I went to work Saturday morning and what do I encounter? A huge crowd of students and faculty gathered in front of the building with two fire trucks parked next to it. Turns out there was a small electrical fire in one of the air conditioning ducts. They got it taken care of in short order, but the whole building was smokey and smelled horrible so they sent us all home. I did ask the Dean to let me in to get one of the schools cell phones that we use to text students so I could call some people from home. Just the ones that had appointments set for Saturday to tell them they shouldn't come.

Then Saturday got a little sad. My Mom took her new dog Venus to get checked out at the vet. Turns out she has an enlarged heart and fluid in her lungs. The vet said she wouldn't last long. :( We ended up taking her back to the SPCA, but they didn't have any other dogs my Mom liked. So now Mama doesn't know if she wants to go through that again. It was sad.

On a happier note, James and I had a blast on our "man date" last night. For those not in the know, a "man date" is when two heterosexual men go out together and do something that would count as a date if it was a guy and a girl. Chris and I would go on them whenever Aimee was out of town. :) Anyways, it is no way gay. Not there's anything wrong with that. We went and saw the Florida Orchestra and then out to eat at Applebee's. And for the record, the Applebee's in Brandon has some pretty hot chicks. (Aimee and Emily read that last part as very intelligent women)

Well, I'm off to work. I just felt a little left out cause everybody else posted.
Peas out!

No comments: