Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No job yet

Well, I had an interview yesterday that went okay I guess. It was a group interview, so its kinda hard to tell how those go sometimes. It was for an Admissions Rep position at Florida Career College. I also went today to the mall because the same school has a kiosk there where they pester people to come check out the school. Its only a part-time position though that pays very little. Assuming I get unemployment, I would be better off not taking that job if they offer it to me.

On to more exciting news. Chris is the man. After more years than I care to count, we are back in touch with one of our Junior high friends, Gabe Sterling. Also known as Gnilrets Ebag. :) I sent him an email earlier, but haven't gotten a response yet. I did talk to Chris though and it sounds like he is doing well.

I also started writing again. For those in the know, I started working on "The Sniper" again. I have not written anything in quite some time, but I figured I should make use of all the time I have now that I am jobless. Not that I'm not looking for a job, but I decided to write for at least an hour each day until I find a job. And then maybe I will be in the habit again and I can actually finish something. I have also been doing a little song writing believe it or not. One that I have shared with a couple people is just turning the Bob Dylan song "To Make You Feel My Love" into a praise and worship song. There are others as well, but nothing I'm ready to share yet. I'm trying to be more optimistic this go round of being unemployed. It is a little better this time, just because I have a couple of safety nets now with unemployment and my bro-in-laws cleaning business.

That's all the news from the left coast of Florida. Peas out.

2 comments:

Justin said...

you should read this book I'm starting, it's called Threat Level Midnight.



Written by Michael Scott. With a foreward by Dwight Schrute.

I'm such an effing nerd.

Justin said...

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then I'm an even BIGGER nerd haha.