Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Life as WE know it

I firmly believe that there is life on other planets in this great big universe we call home. I even believe that there is intelligent life. If we have been visited or not is another question for another post. Right now I want to talk about life as we know it.
Whenever I see an article about scientists finding planets that are in the right orbit for life I wonder what they are talking about. I know they mean life as we know it, but that seems so limiting. Seriously, have these people never seen a sci-fi movie? Why can't there be life that our little minds can't even comprehend? Here's one; Transformers. I know, go ahead and laugh. But if you think about it, looking for life as we know would totally exclude Cybertron. Aren't the Autobots and Decepticons "alive?" What about a planet where there is some sort of gaseous life form. Or a whole planet of rock people. Doesn't seem like water would be needed for those, but we have some sort of hang up about looking for planets with liquid water. By the way, liquid water is just water. Ice and water vapor are the other choices so saying liquid water is a bit redundant.
Am I alone in wondering about this?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: