Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

New Camera

So I've been looking at cameras a lot lately and came to the realization that I am not a good enough photographer to use a DSLR. It would be a waste of money on me. So I've been looking at cameras that fall in between DSLRs and your regular point and shoots and came across the Nikon Coolpix P500. I liked it for a lot of reasons, but the two that drew me in were the 36x zoom, and the fact that you can record in 1080p with it. I love my little waterproof Sanyo for what it does, but it is lacking in features. It is great at the beach, the pool, the waterpark, etc. It is not great for shooting indoors, or stills. So I was at Best Buy yesterday and they had the P500 on sale as an open box item! It was such a great deal I couldn't believe it. I asked the guy working there if there was anything wrong with it and he said it was just missing the software that comes with it. I thought about it for awhile, and decided to get it. I got a spare battery as well because I learned my lesson with my current camera. Video really eats up the battery. I took it outside, loaded the battery and find out the zoom doesn't work. Dang it. I thought I had found such a great deal only to have one of the options I really wanted didn't work. I took it back inside and explained the situation. The guy at customer service called one of the girls in the camera department over, and she started trying to make it work. She brought over a brand new one and tried that one, and it worked perfectly. They asked if I just wanted to swap them out? I explained that I had gotten this one as an open box item and the girl said, well this one is open now too. So I got a brand new one at an AWESOME discount!
Well, since I have this fancy new camera, I had to take it out fora spin, right? So Lauren and I went to Lake Parker in Lakeland to do a little Geocaching. It was a lot of fun, and we found two micro-caches! This is the first time we have been able to find any micros, so we were pretty excited. We also saw three gators and a bunch of birds. There are still several caches there that we didn't find, so I imagine we will be going back. :)
Here are a couple of pictures from our excursion:










Until next time, peace!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: